It’s that time of year again, y’all. And we’re not talking about Christmas music blaring at Lenox or how many cookies you’ve eaten during your coffee breaks at work. No, it’s the season for annual lists! Man, we love this season -- so much so that we’re getting a jump on our lists.
Check it: 2017 was a great year for wedding songs, from T-Swift to Bieber to Ed “Game of Thrones Cameo” Sheeran, but most songs have a shelf life and we have a few that we think have reached their expiration date. So, we’ve put together some thoughts on what wedding songs you should say goodbye to in 2017 and some that you should hear on the wedding dance floor in 2018.
Say Goodbye to these 2017 Wedding Songs
1) Despacito - Luis Fonsi, Daddy Yankee, Justin Bieber
2) Shape of You - Ed Sheeran
3) Mi Gente - J Balvin, Willy William
4) Havana - Camila Cabello
5) I Feel It Coming - The Weeknd, ft. Daft Punk
Listen, we've had our time with those five songs and we're sure those artists will keep churning 'em out. But, it's time to set our eyes on the future of wedding songs.
Say Hello to these 2018 Wedding Songs
1) Strip That Down - Liam Payne, ft. Quavo
2) Perfect - Ed Sheeran
3) Good For You - Selena Gomez
4) One of Many Taylor Swift Songs
5) What Lovers Do - Maroon 5, ft. SZA